First Church in Rehoboth, Massachusetts was founded in 1643. In 1812 the part of Rehoboth in which the church was located was incorporated as the town of Seekonk. Fifty years later in 1862 the land the church stood on was ceded to Rhode Island and the church became part of East Providence.
The church is today known as Newman Congregational Church.
Articles of faith are generally a foundational document of Congregational churches which lay out the church's beliefs. This document may have been a draft. It appears to have been reviewed and approved by Rev. John Ellis and contains addenda which appear to have been added after Ellis's approval had been given.