Westborough, Mass. Church of Christ
The town of Westborough was incorporated in 1717 and construction on the town's first meeting house completed in 1722. The Church of Christ was gathered in 1724 with Ebenezer Parkman as its minister. During the First Great Awakening, both George Whitefield and Johnathan Edwards preached at the Church of Christ. Construction began on a second meeting house in 1748, and the first service held there was in 1749. In 1825 the church reformed as the First Congregational Society. It continues today as the Congregational Church of Westborough.
This digital resource has been provided by the Westborough Public Library, where the original manuscript is held.
For more information about the collection, see the archival finding aid.
This volume includes church meeting minutes, records of votes, marriages, baptisms, admissions and dismissions, membership lists, and church covenants.
Parkman, Ebenezer. Papers, 1717-1782 — digital materials
Special ThanksNational Endowment for the Humanities: Exploring the human endeavor.
Any views, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this resource do not necessarily represent those of the National Endowment for the Humanities.